by Kari Hoback
October 12, 2023
Navigating the healthcare system can be confusing and time-consuming for employees and their families. Member advocacy programs help people make better decisions about their care by combining proactive guidance, a streamlined experience, and compassionate service.
What can a healthcare advocacy program do?
- Find a high quality, low cost provider (doctor and/or facility)
- Provide cost estimates and comparisons of multiple providers
- Facilitate connection with a virtual care provider
- Book an appointment
- Answer questions about benefits and how they work
- Review medical bills and compare them to the Explanation of Benefits from the health insurance plan
- Explain medical savings accounts, such as HSA, FSA, and HRA
- Identify ways to save on prescription medications
- Help manage a new diagnosis or ongoing condition
Providing employees the help they need, when they need it, leads to greater benefits satisfaction, improved wellbeing, lower healthcare costs, and greater engagement at work.