On June 28th each year, National Insurance Awareness Day encourages us to think about the insurance policies we have in place, and make sure they are up to date. As we progress through different phases of life, our insurance needs change, and it is good practice to take the time to review what is in place and make necessary updates.
Some items to consider:
- Have I had any recent life changes that affect my insurance needs for myself and/or my family (marriage, birth of child, divorce, etc.)?
- Are my life and disability coverage amounts adequate to protect my family if something unforeseen happens to me?
- Have I designated beneficiaries on my life insurance, long term care, health savings account, and 401(k) plans, and do these need to be updated?
- Am I contributing as much as I can to my Health Savings Account in order to gain as much tax advantage as possible, as well as save for the future?
- Have I had my annual wellness exam, dental checkup, and/or vision exam, particularly if these items are covered at no or low cost by my insurance plans?
Please contact us if we can be of assistance.