We’re looking for an Employee Benefits Account Manager to come work for our company which focuses on relationships and results; with our customers, our teammates, and our vendor partners.
How we work and the many ways we create value for our clients is at the heart of Watko Benefit Group. Our approach and perspective are what we and our customers have learned to know as the Watko Way. We add value by using our experience in the industry to develop total benefits packages that are custom built to meet each client’s individual needs. This may include benefits technology, employee plan communication, and creative strategies to curb the rising costs of employer-provided healthcare plans. Our diligent and consistent approach ensures we deliver the best in class benefits package and the highest level of customer service, resulting in long-term client relationships.
Watko Benefit Group is an innovator in employee benefits consulting practices as we seek new strategies to enhance the employee benefits experience of our customers with an emphasis on controlling plan costs. Watko is adding to our team due to ongoing growth in our customer and prospect base. The market and our practice is continuing an evolution with an eye towards innovation and technology along with unique and ever-changing strategies. We are seeking a professional who demonstrates independence, innovation, high energy, organization, a desire to serve customers, is fun to work with, and is a reliable player in a team environment. The Candidate must be able to juggle multiple responsibilities and be eager to demonstrate a variety of skills in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
As an Account Manager, you will work beside our Consultants and other team members, while gaining knowledge and experience in the industry. You will be responsible for a book of business and will take on a variety of projects for clients and prospects including analyzing data, preparing presentations, drawing conclusions, and supporting client and prospect engagement. This position is the perfect opportunity for someone experienced in our industry and looking to enter into a creative and supportive culture, or new to our industry and eager to learn and grow with our company.
Key Characteristics of a Successful Person in the Role:
- Able to multi-task along numerous projects
- Passion to Help
- Inquisitive to learn and search for answers
- Positive Team Player
- Detail Oriented and Well Organized
- Able to Effectively Work with a Variety of Personality Types
- Loyal and Relationship Oriented
- Good Communication Skills, Both Verbal and Written
- Quick Learner
- Good Listener
- Persistent and Dependable
Skills / Requirements:
- While group health insurance experience is a plus, it is not required.
- Self-starter; interest in continually challenging oneself and willingness to step outside of one’s comfort zone.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Able to successfully develop and compose presentations in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Canva experience is a plus.
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate.
- Flexibility and ability to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Demonstrate sense of urgency toward service orientation which allows for differentiation in the delivery of our services.
- Passionate toward research with the ability to navigate resources in the pursuit of answers.
- Advanced, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including data entry, formula functionality, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Meet and exceed client expectations with exceptional sales and service.
- Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it.
- Responsible for day to day service, which includes coordinating questions and initiatives between our clients and the carriers.
- Request, coordinate, and organize RFP projects with clients, carriers, and consultants.
- Review client benefit plans, scope their requirements, and request proposals from carriers.
- Manage the expectations of the customer, including RFP projects as needed.
- Manage customer needs through implementation.
- Monitor and stay in tune of market alternatives and trends in the industry.
- Act as a liaison between our clients and carrier partners regarding service and coverage issues.
- You will assist in designing, comparing, and selecting group benefits programs including medical, dental, life, disability, and vision.
- Compose financial and benefit analysis for projects and annual reports.
- Design and distribute presentation materials for client and prospect meetings.
- Create custom employee benefit guides for our clients and their employees.
- Update prospect and client database on ongoing basis; HubSpot and Zywave experience is a plus.
- Integrate company resources into enhanced communication with clients and prospects.
- Conduct benchmarking studies and other research to determine the best strategy for the client or prospect.
- Increase efficiency within processes by identifying ways to improve.
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you! Contact us at email@example.com
Watko Benefit Group is focused on our customers’ needs and objectives. We have grown our practice through our relationships, service model, expertise, and most important the quality and commitment of our team. This is a full time, salaried position with a competitive pay and benefits package.